1) Book Early: The desired age (for soooooo many reasons) to photograph a newborn session, is before your baby is 2 weeks old. Once baby arrives that 2 weeks will fly by, so be sure to have this checked off your to do list while you are still pregnant. If you wait, you risk the chance that your chosen photographer will be all booked up and may have to either turn away your session or photograph your baby when he or she is older and no longer that squishy newborn age.
2) Style: it’s important. If you LOVE bright, bold, colorful patterns but your photographer has a lot of soft, neutral, organic images on their website, chances are you may not be happy with your final gallery of images. While looking for a newborn photographer, pay attention to their portfolio. What colors do they use? Do you see the kind of props & accessories you like? For the most part, what you see is what you get, don’t settle for someone who can’t give you what you want.
3) Price: It shouldn’t be the deciding factor. Of course your budget is important, but is is never a good idea to hire a photographer simply because they are the cheapest. A new baby is a major life event, just like a wedding. Your new family deserves to be celebrated and preserved in photographs and those photographs are an investment which will only increase in value as time goes on.
4) Experience: Are the photographers you are searching professionals or hobbyists? Do they have a business license and liability insurance? What are their qualifications? Do they have references? Be sure you know that the person you are going to hand your newborn over to is qualified & trustworthy.
5) Communication: Ask lots of questions and pay attention to how and when the photographer answers them. You & your photographer should be on the same page about all the big and little details of your session as well as the photographers rates & products offerings. You should have a pretty clear understanding of the whole process from start to finish before ever booking your session.
A little research and a lot of thought should go into the decision of hiring a newborn photographer or any photographer for that matter. It’s best to start by figuring out what you want first, then find someone who can give it to you. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, If I can’t give you what you’re looking for I will do my best to help you find someone that can.
About the Photographer:Jennifer Reina Photography specializes in newborn, maternity and baby photography in Newnan Georgia and surrounding areas including but not limited to Peachtree City, GA, Fayette and Coweta County.